BASDENE 25 mg tablets
· Keep this leaflet. You might need to read it again.
· If you have further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
· This medicine has been prescribed for you Do not give this to anyone else. It could be harmful to them, even if the signs of their illness are the same as yours.
· If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This also applies to any undesirable effect that is not mentioned in this leaflet. See section 4.
1. What is BASDENE 25 mg tablet and when is it used?
2. What information do you need to know before taking BASDENE 25 mg tablet?
3. How to take BASDENE 25 mg tablet?
4. What are the possible side effects?
5. How to store BASDENE 25 mg tablet?
6. Contents of the package and other information.
This medicine is indicated for hyperthyroidism (excessive secretion of the thyroid gland).
· If you are allergic to the active substance or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine, mentioned in section 6.
· If you have certain thyroid cancers.
· If you have had pre-existing serious blood disorders.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking BASDENE 25 mg tablet .
If you develop fever, angina or any other infection, consult your doctor immediately.
Cases of liver damage (liver disease) have been reported with benzylthiouracil. You should tell your doctor immediately if you have symptoms of liver damage, such as: nausea, feeling sick, diarrhea, jaundice, dark urine, pale stools, bleeding, itching, or chills.
If you have had liver damage with carbimazole or thiamazole (another treatment for hyperthyroidism), you may develop liver disease with benzylthiouracil.
Therefore, tell your doctor if you have liver problems with carbimazole or thiamazole.
Precautions for use
Blood count and blood count monitoring is required before treatment and then regularly during treatment.
Children and adolescents
Other medicines and BASDENE 25 mg tablet
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
BASDENE 25 mg tablets with food and drinks
This medicine can be taken during pregnancy under strict medical supervision.
If you discover that you are pregnant during treatment, consult your doctor.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
BASDENE 25 mg tablet contains lactose monohydrate.